History of the AIAI conference
(Artificial Intelligence applications and Innovations)
The first historical AIAI event was held in Toulouse France, 22-27 of August 2004. Since then, it has been continuously held with great success, as an annual event (with the exception of 2008). So far, the AIAI has been organized in 5 different countries, in Europe, Asia, Oceania (among them, France, China, Greece, Cyprus, Australia). Due to COVID pandemic the 2020 and 2021 events have been organized virtually, online.
Who we are
The AIAI conference is technically supported by the IFIP (International Federation for Information Processing). More specifically, it is run under the auspices of the Working Group 12.5 (WG12.5) a member of the historical Technical Committee 12 (TC12). The TC12 working group WG12.5 “Artificial Intelligence Applications” was established in 1993 and was then called “Knowledge Oriented Development of Applications”. It was renamed “Artificial Intelligence Applications” in 2003.
Till 2021, 17 AIAI conferences have been organized under the strong contribution and support of the WG12.5 Chair Professor Ilias Maglogiannis (University of Piraeus, Department of digital Systems), Professor Lazaros Iliadis School of Engineering DUTh Professor John Macintyre, Pro Vice Chancellor of the University of Sunderland UK, and Professor Plamen Angelov, Lancaster University UK (the Steering Committee)
AIAI is a well-established event, with widely Cited Proceedings, published in its own Springer IFIP AICT Series https://www.springer.com/series/6102. Until mid-2021 the AIAI Proceedings have been downloaded 1,719,700 times with numerous citations.
Cooperation with major research organizations
Several workshops have been organized under the framework of the AIAI. We are very proud for our cooperation on workshop organization, with the EUROPEAN DEFENCE AGENCY (a European Union organization), with the Research Department of the Hellenic Telecommunication Organization (OTE), the Hellenic Information Technology Institute (ITI) member of CERTH (Center for Research and Technology), the Ionian University and the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology chapter.
Special issues in highly cited high impact factor journals
The steering Committee is very proud for the Editorial work that has been conducted so far. The Program Chairs of the conference have edited Special Issues with selected papers of the AIAI, in the following well established and respected Scientific Journals with High Impact factor namely:
- Journal Information Sciences Informatics and Computer Science Intelligent Systems Applications University of Alberta Canada, Volume 178, Issue 20, pp 3799–3801 15 October 2008 Elsevier Science Science Impact Factor 3.095
- Journal Neurocomputing “Special Issue Timely Developments in Applied Neural Computing” vol. 73, Issue 1-3 ISSN: 0925-2312 Elsevier ScienceImpact Factor 1.4
- Journal Neural Networks Elsevier Science, Boston University, USA, Volume 24 issue 8, pp. 789-790 2011 Impact Factor 2.652 http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/08936080/24/8
- IJAIT International Journal of Artificial Intelligence Tools Vol. 21, No. 4 (August 2012) Wright State University USA World Scientific Publishing Co Impact Factor 0.25 http://www.worldscientific.com/toc/ijait/21/04
- Journal Artificial Intelligence Review, Springer, University of Edinburgh, UK, October 2014, Volume 42, Issue 3, pp 309-311 Impact Factor 0.429 http://link.springer.com/journal/10462/42/3/page/1
- Journal Neurocomputing “Special Issue “Timely Neural Networks Applications in Engineering” 2011 Volume 107, Pages 1-108 (1 May 2013) Impact Factor 1.431
- Journal Information Sciences Informatics and Computer Science Intelligent Systems Applications University of Alberta Canada, Special Issue on Advanced paradigms of Neural Networks’ learning algorithms and Architectures in Engineering, (APNNAAE) Special Issue (2015) Vol. 294 Elsevier Impact Factor 3.893
- Journal Neural computing and Applications Springer July 2016, Impact Factor 4.774 Volume 27, Issue 5, DOI: 10.1007/s00521-016-2318-4. Pages 1075-1076
- Journal Neural computing and Applications Springer Impact Factor 4.774 DOI: 10.1007/s00521-016-2637-5 https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00521-016-2318-4
- Journal Evolving Systems Springer DOI 10.1007/s12530-016-9164-6 March 2017, Volume 8, Issue 1, pp 1–2 “Timely advances in evolving neural-based systems” IF 2.447
- Journal Evolving Systems Springer Volume 9, Number 4 December 2018. “Foundations and Applications of Evolving Intelligence at the 21st Century” IF 2.447 December 2018, Volume 9, Issue 4, pp 265–266
- Journal Evolving Systems Springer “Foundations and Applications of Evolving Intelligence at the 21st century” IF 2.447 DOI: 10.1007/s12530-019-09282-9
- Journal Neural Computing and Applications Volume 32, Issue 9, May 2020 Emerging trends of Applied Neural Computation (pp. 4135-4314)/Cognitive Computing for Intelligent Application and Service Impact Factor 4,774 (pp. 4315-4480)
- Neural Computing and Applications Issue 7, May 2018 Special Issue on Engineering applications of neural networks Impact Factor 4,774 (pp. 303-404) https://www.springerprofessional.de/en/neural-computing-and-applications-7-2018/15544186
- Journal Evolving Systems 12(1): 1-2 (March 2021) pp. 191-216 Springer Evolving and hybrid systems’ modelling special issue. https://link.springer.com/journal/12530/volumes-and-issues/12-1